Student Blogs

Monday 10 May 2021

Lisiate Sailing Trip

On Thursday the 13th of May my class and I went on a sailing trip, it was amazing. It was very cold, I also was sailing with my buddy Aston, I really enjoyed sailing because I almost fell off even though I wanted to but the helper’s said no more jumping off, only Aston jumped off, I burst out laughing because he was soaking wet, and he pore water on me and I was soaking wet as well, he pore water on me a bucket.

(here are some pictures of my sailing buddy and I)



On that day I was very cold. I also almost peed myself because of that, I also was scared for no reason, but someone from another boat was even more scared.


We were having a race with other people from my class, and only the year 6’s were supposed to come like I meant the year 5’s are allowed to come it just that the year 6’s are supposed to be with the other year 6’s but Daniel was a year 5, he came with the year 6’s.


I was scared right on that day, the reason why was because I was passing that area with my dad and I saw huge fishes there. I went fishing with my dad before when we went sailing. Also I wasn’t scared of it the most, it was someone from my class, named Taniela.


I was use to sailing because the first time I went to fishing and I saw some people sailing and also they were sailing , also my big brother Aisake (my brother) went to sailing before me he told me how it was, and I got shocked when he said he fell, I was confused until he told me he was wearing life jackets, and I almost laughed.

Before we was gonna go to sailing we were waiting for the year 5’s to go first, we went to a beach, I saw a plastic and we had to pick it all up, I was trying to find more plastic to put in the rubbish but everyone took the plastic, I only got 1 thing to put in the rubbish, I also went to the water on the beach until I realised if your wearing swimming shoes then you could go on the water with your shoes, but my brain wasn’t working properly and I just went, then it got wet, I took it off then my shorts got wet because I ran to fast I couldn’t stop, I was kind of worried but until I realised it could dry up, we also took a picture see.

(i'm the one with the white sleeves and shorts)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment