Student Blogs

Tuesday 8 June 2021

Alfonsus' Swimming recount

During the last 2 weeks of school, me and the other class went swimming at Swim Magic. Swim magic is on Morrin Rd. We went there to learn how to swim in case when we accidentally fall out of a boat or we get chased by sharks and we remember our swimming and do it. 
During the lesson we had our instructors so we can know what we are gonna be confused about and get kicked out of the pool. We were learning to do the stroke and all of the swimming skills that you need to survive swimming. The easy things were the backwards stroke. The hard things were we had to dive down and hold our breath and pass every one I came 1st twice. The skills I enjoyed were backstroking. At the end, I felt like I was ready to go out in the sea and practice the skills that I learned, because when I used to go swimming I would always drown. My biggest challenge was to hold my breath underground, which is so hard. Compared to the start it was pretty easy because I already knew how to do tricks. I will use these skills in front of my dad so I don't think that he is better than me at swimming.
 At the beginning I felt like I was excited to hop in the water because I haven’t been in a long long time. Because before I always used to go swimming in the water. The things that I could already do in the water were freestyle swimming, backwards stroke swimming and diving. I hoped to do more swimming so I can get better and better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment