Student Blogs

Monday 18 March 2019

Friday's Assembly

Last Friday was a very special assembly for us in Room 5. We had some special students receive awards awarded by our principal, Mr Coakley. The certificates were awarded with four main criteria in mind:

1. Never Giving up
2. Giving Extra Effort
3. Trying My Best
4. A Caring Person

Here are the four students who received their certificates.
The second reason assembly was special to us was because it was our classes turn to share some work that we'd been working on in our class. We each created a Little Big Speech inspired by Martin Luther King Jr's very own I have a Dream speech. We read a book as a class to learn about how courageous Martin was and took note of some of his BIG words he used to help him in his mission for equality! Some of these words were Love, Faith, Hope which are also part of our school motto. Keep an eye on our blog to see some of speeches this week!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Room 5, my name is Yazmin and I go to Paroa school in Greymouth
    who the the certificate in your class it must be really exiting? and what was your work about? I sometimes share my work in Assembly

    Your freind Yazmin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi room 5, My name is Katelyn and I go to Paroa school in Greymouth. Good job for the four people. I am so happy for you four people. I can;t wait to see your speeches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bula Katelyn, Yazmin, thank for your lovely comments I was really exciting, surprising. Awards were extra work trying your best, doing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malo Lelei Katelyn,

    Thank you for the wonderful comment for the people that got awards. We have been working so hard for the awards. Have a great day and may God bless you katelyn!

    From: Malia

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for every thing

    ReplyDelete
  6. We did a great job with the mass.

    ReplyDelete