Student Blogs

Thursday 23 July 2020

Amihuti's Learn Something New - Phase 1!


This term( term 3) Mrs Nees-Kairua (teacher)  told us we had to choose a skill that would challenge us and a skill we dont have any experience about. She told my class a word called resilient. If you dont know yet resilient means keep trying even if you fail or if you know you aren't good at what you are doing . The skill that have chosen is cooking. I chose cooking because it is a lifetime skill. If you grow up to only know how to make noodles and  toast I will feel really sorry for you. The activity you are about to read is an draft. In this activity(writing) I wrote why this skill interests me when will I be resilient when doing this skill. 
What I want to cook.Microwave Mexican Omelet | Incredible EggGarlic Mushroom Chicken Thighs - Cafe Delites
Omelet
Mushroom chicken
And some regular but tasty soup.

The skill that I have chosen (cooking and baking), interests me because it is a skill we use
throughout our lives to survive.  This skill will be good to learn because by then I will
be able to cook for family dinners,
birthdays and sometimes just to share with the poor. Learning this skill will challenge me because it requires a lot of hard work. Like trying to hike Mount Sinai( not really).

I am going to be resilient in learning this skill when I cannot concentrate on doing something,
and when I am not noticing and focusing on what I am doing and why?
To manage my time in this task I will make sure I am done with everything else and I
will start cooking in free time, to see how I am improving with my new skill.
I would like to be able to reach something no other chef has reached and maybe even
start a  restaurant that's called Venez dans mon restaurant plein de plats chaleureux- Come to my restaurant Full of warm hearten food
I will do that not only by reaching my goals but take time and check if I am
improving in what I am
doing.

Q: What food do you think I should cook.( Only things that I can cook not bake).

No comments:

Post a Comment