Student Blogs

Friday 10 May 2019

Sailing at Okahu Bay

A big thank you to St Johns Rotary who sponsored our day out with yachting New Zealand
                                                                                  On Tuesday the 7th of May Room 5 headed to Okahu Bay to learn how to sail! We meet our instructors from Yachting New Zealand, Danika, Justin and Steven. With our wet suits and life jackets on we were given a few instructions on water safety and the important features of the boats (rudder and sail) and it was time to jump on the water! To read more about our awesome day out go to our personal blogs! 
The boys jumping in their wee P-class yacht
Paula and Justin making sure class are sailing the right way!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Room five my name is Angelyn what a outstanding trip your class has had and my cousin is Iverson he is a very good boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi room 5, sounds like fun. Did anyone fall off? I have been sailing before on Lake Mahinapua near Hokitika it was fun but there wasn't any waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my name is Kamaea from St pius X school, I am in room 5 class, two people did fall off, and thank you for commenting on our blog.

      Delete
  3. hi my name is Taj i thik it is rely cool that yous went out on a boat did did anyone fall off the boat. yore freand Taj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Taj my name is Tupua from room 5. Some of us did fall off especially me and my partner since our boat filled up with water. I also recommend you should go since it is super fun with the waves the are so calm they are so cold. I think it really fits your style if you ask me, or have you already been there?. Anyways thank you for the comment, yours sincerely, Tupua

      Delete
  4. cool you went on a boat I wold be so scerd you ar so brave

    ReplyDelete