Student Blogs

Thursday 16 May 2019

Sign Language Week

Each May, Deaf Aotearoa runs New Zealand Sign Language Week, celebrating one of New Zealand’s official languages. NZSL Week raises awareness of New Zealand’s Deaf community and provides a platform for Deaf people to proudly promote their language and culture.

In our classroom, as part of our reading activities, we practice our spelling words in sign. It is difficult at times but lots of fun. Can you guess what words we are spelling out without listening to the sound first?


4 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Brendon,I go to Mangonui School. You guys are really good at sign language!
    Maybe you can do it from A-Z. I have been doing sign language too.
    We are doing sign language our assembly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Josaia I go to St Pius x school I am in room 5, thank you for your for your wonderful comment hopeful you guys can blog about your sign language event.

    sincerely by Josaia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brendon, my name is Paula and i go to St Pius X School and I'm in room 5.
    Thank you for commenting on our blog. I have a question for you how long have you been doing sign laugauge.
    thank you Brendon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am Beata Thank you for your comment you have sent.✌😎👌

    ReplyDelete