Student Blogs

Wednesday 29 April 2020

ANZAC Day under lock down


On Saturday the 25th April we celebrated ANZAC day. But in Level 4 lock down because of Covid-19. Meaning we were able to celebrate, but only with our bubbles and from either a distance or through an online presence. Te Wairua Pakiki 5 acknowledge a huge part of our ANZAC Day celebrations in Religious Education. We did this because Anzac can be a good time to focus on peace.

First we read and discussed some scripture readings that had a theme of Peace:
Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God. 
Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” 
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Next we each made a copy of a poppy and opened it in a Google Drawing so we could edit and add text to it. We had to explain in our own words: 
  1. What is peace? 
  2. Where do we find it? 
  3. How do we share it?

We then shared these poppys back with out teacher who created a wreath online of our poppys. How did you celebrate ANZAC Day?


No comments:

Post a Comment