Student Blogs

Tuesday 17 March 2020

Eastview Water Testing with Frazer - By Jabez





On Tuesday the 10th of March Frazer came to St Pius X so we could go see if our local
stream in Glen Innes is clean, clear, and to see if there is excellent, good, fair, or bad life at our stream.
When we got there we saw a statue, I think it was an entrance that they used to use a long time ago.
Anyway, he showed us a magnifying glass that detectives use when they are solving a mystery or a
murder. Then he showed us this tube with a magnet inside it, and there's another magnet, so you can
move the magnet in the tube and look through a hole at the bottom of the tube and water from the
stream there's water from the stream so when you move, the magnate you have to try to not lose sight
of it.

Then we lastly did an experiment on our water to see how much life/oxygen in our stream. There are
about seven small tubes that start from light blue and go to dark blue. Our water stopped at I think
number there, so it was a fair I wish it could be a lot better. What I would do to make our local stream
clean, bright and not polluted.

How much life do you think is in your stream?

Have you ever done an experiment in your local stream and why?


What would you do to make sure that your local stream is
healthy and has life in it?

Summary I would like to go back again one year later because of
I would like to see if there is a change of life.

2 comments:

  1. hello Jabez its me MOnique, what I liked about your blog is that you explained everything that we did with frazar but most important thing is you asking us questions and always keep it up Jabez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jabez and whats up and I am from your school but not in your class its me Lisiate and I love how you did your punctuation it is better than my one I know that your smarter than me because you have a strong brain and your cooler than me too, it awesome that a Teacher from the Zoo named fraze came to our school and told us to protect the ravine and we learned how to protct the ravine and also keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete